1.12.10

Winter warmer

Finished = Constellations Festival & Personal Commission



 

Safe to say we (Nous Vous) were all very pleased with the outcome of Constellations festival, we created what is effectively a giant hanging mobile over the top of the crowd, a set of large scale banners based on mobile shapes & the stage set for many amazing bands including Broken social scene - very much enjoyed the day too. We had some assistance installing as we only had one afternoon (crazy) from friends of ours Bruce Usher, Jack Scales & Alfie Strong - good and talented chaps. Lots of people there enjoying the festivities. Good jive!





Post Constellations I locked myself away in my studio internetless and free to produce - I set about working on a personal commission, from a very lovely and inspiring lady to produce a set of book covers illustrating a set of books she'd assembled and named 'The New Nature Writing' (Wicked title!) as well as a set of paintings to accompany. I ended up creating a set of book shaped woodblocks, which I intended to use as a printing tool for larger pieces - this didn't work out - so I ended up producing some watercolour paintings to accompany instead. I was also later asked to respond to 'Lady into Fox' by David Garnett, which looks like a really great book, but I only managed to get through a small portion and respond to that amount.

Present = Web update, Christmas Craft Fairs

Finally managed to update my website - as I was struggling to find time to put my new prints online, which I have now, I was thinking about the way I was presenting myself online - basically concluding that I needed to represent works individually to give them full impact and space - so that's what I've done. The old set-up was good for showcasing work cumulatively, but I felt some of my newer works needed a bit more breathing space.

Christmas Craft Fairs - where I'll be selling Nous Vous items - some subject to winter / festive discounts. Prints, zines, plush men, bags, books & stuff.

Sunday DEC 5th / 1 - 4pm - 'Handmade' at The Brudenell Social Club - this one is always great organised by craftasnista Amy. There's Cake and plenty to look at, even just a nice place to hang out on a Sunday, even if you're being frugal.

More details here: Christmas Handmade



Saturday 11th Dec / 12 - 5pm - Enjoy Christmas Fair - Enjoy art space
- There'll be lots going on at this one. It's in the event space at my studio. Enjoy is located at the bottom end of town - so may be a nice place to come sit - hang out - get some mulled wine or hot soup - warm the cockles and check out the new gallery - which is rad! I'll be doing a Christmas wrapping paper workshop with anyone who wants to get involved. Participants will receive some free wrapping paper if they come pick up from Factory 4 the following week.

More details here: Enjoy Christmas Fair

Merry Winter!
J x

No comments: