27.10.10

My Weak...

Me & The Chaps have been busy busy preparing for Constellations festival in Leeds up until end of last week, Waiting for our proposal to be health & safety checked at moment.

We've been discussing making a radical change to Nous Vous online status fairly soon. The chaps have settled in London - it's time to start going full throttle again.

I've had a busy week this week, which is making me feel weak, I've been asked by Factory4 and TestSpaceLeeds to contribute to a cross City event / showcase between Leeds & Manchester part of Noise festival. I'm the designated screen-printer so have been working hard to produce a new set of prints - Some based on Leeds some based on how I think you should approach a City in general - an attempt to make a connection between Cities.

Prices / Editions will be based on the amount of usable images I produce. I'm printing this Friday in an open day event at Factory 4 (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=167380236622171) where I'll producing the prints in an open workshop / exhibition - in preparation for formal exhibition of results at Birds Yard.

1: 'A Great Day'
An image based on a what I consider to be a most excellent day out in Leeds / A2 2 colour on Fabriano.
2: 'Leeds / Leads'
A gesture towards practicality, a tote bag intended for guitar leads. Inspired by the healthy & thriving music scene here in Leeds / Deep Navy blue on Surf Blue bag.
3: 'LOOK FOR HIDDEN GEMS'
An image regarding your approach to the City, based on my experiences and dialogue with other folk, not finding it easy to find nice places to go to & needing some sort of guide / Contrary to the preview image this will be - A1 1 colour Black on heavyweight brilliant white stock.


























I was asked to come along and contribute a workshop / participatory event at Leeds Met University for The Big Draw event they hold there each year. This year they titled their particular event 'Drawing Connections' so I devised participatory wall drawing exercise, simply illustrating 2 people doing things together - you wouldn't normally see people doing together. I made a start and got people to joining in throughout the day. Fun Time!










No comments: