16.10.10

Vacation

As I haven't blogged in a short while, I felt a duty to document some of my recent activities.

I'm working with Nous Vous on a Stage Set / Room dressing for Constellations festival coming this November. There's another chap creating an interactive installation in another section of the event, which I'm led to believe reacts with sound waves etc - noises made by bands. So we decided to go the other way to round off the indoor festival exerience by using very basic materials and lighting. more info on this soon... but think of camping, star gazing - then knock it sideways. more soon...

http://www.constellationsfestival.com/

I've been doing a wee bit of personal work and am considering having a solo show at some point very soon in Leeds - end November???!!! Just collecting back works I've produced for other shows and exhibiting them together as well as a few new works. I've been working with coloured pencils, which I haven't done in a very long time, but it's been very satisfying - I'm pleased with progress on some work I'm producing. Essentially a large (A2) comic strip, with fairly large panels called 'Vacation' - about a fox that is forcefully vacated from his home by a wood cutter - sounds twee - but the actual narrative is fairly obtruse. I'll take some photo's and post up soon - maybe when it's finished - if I like it!


Also still thinking and working on some ideas for a screen print - I've been researching ways of screen-printing that don't involved any technology (computers) - complete manual process. I've decided rather than trying to do some experimental messing with the screen / solutions etc I'm going to draw directly onto Acetate using marker pens, separate levels with different sheets of acetate - I've been practicing by producing some simple layered drawings. It's been interesting going through the process - I've been trying bits simply by scanning and making composites on computer but there's a distinct lack of intuition involved in this process I'm keen for the work to communicate.

I've also recently received a personal commission to produce a set of images titled 'The New Nature Writing' 3 book cover images for 3 specific books. I'm approaching it physically, by painting directly onto book shaped pieces of wood - cut from the same piece of wood. Then enclosing the set in a box. Thinking of engraving etc. Nice Job! Updates on this soon too...

No comments: