2.3.11

Right

Much must have happened since my last entry here - what 'much' is a foggy haze.

Looking over my last post I was just mid-way to finishing my Mural. Well here's a couple of photo's of the finished piece if you haven't already spotted my website or flickr. The Mural took me 4 days in total - I asked my friend Matt Hodson to write a poem to lead you up the stairs which reads:

Opposite to what?
Well
What have you got
I've got mistakes
The opposite of which is cakes

We also have delicious brews
Smile Grows
That is good news

Which I totally didn't do justice in terms of rendering. But yeah nice thing to do anyway, would like to collaborate again doing something similar it a more appropriate format.



 
 



I've been preparing for a show in Cambridge with Nous Vous, which at this point is happening if you get a chance to go visit. Cambridge is very lovely for a day out too. Our show ' Dark Energy is at the frontroom gallery details here http://www.frontroomcambridge.com/ - photo's soon. The chaps that run the space are super nice too - good dudes!

I'm currently working on few few things:
• Pick Me Up - where me and the chaps are setting about creating handmade limited editioned - crafted goods. Such as book ends, dolls, pots, paperweights, tshirts etc - a no print zone. We'll also be participtaing in itsnicethat's illustration event.

• Little Bits Promo - my sisters new company selling party bags and wedding favours as well as some nice fancy dress.

• Another personal commission - creating a sketchbook a week for near 2 months.

• Top-Up - a personal curatorial project
• Loop - a collaborative curatorial project.

- So yeah lots on!

About Doubt:

Doubt Stinks
It's milky, it's hard to see through
Don't leave it or it'll get stinkier

add a lump of sugar
hold fast and swallow back
Gag and get on with it


that's all for now.
J x



 

No comments: