4.9.10

Back

I've recently returned from a relaxing break in Spain. My main daily activity being - sitting by a pool and reading. Perfect! I read 'Flauberts Parrot' (which I haven't quite finished), may report on this soon - it's a fairly complicated book & Something else much much lighter - that I only read because it was the best of a bad bunch 'A long way down' by Nick Hornby, which was surprisingly good. It's a comedy but only gave me LOLS about 2 times, but very pleasant considering the subject matter is about 4 people who want to commit suicide. There's a whole section, which annoyed me where Hornby is effectively excusing himself for writing a coincidence into the book. Coincidentally (haha) Flauberts Parrot - talking of the literature of Gustave Flaubert - slams people for being sloppy enough to write coincidences into novels.

Another Irony I wanted to share, just because it could be an interesting anecdote... is - I was walking down the road and noticed a billboard which says something along the lines of 'ooooi! keep your eyes on the road' - i'm not sure how many levels of irony are going to involved in what I'm about to say so feel free to comment your calculations. Anyway it's an ironic statement by some stupid marketing copywriter so that's the first instance, the message is so direct I failed to notice what it was for so it's failed and floored in getting the brand across, it might be a public safety thing or something, but yeah anyway I don't need to point out how stupid it would be if it was. So I was walking along looking at it thinking of this when I almost got ran-over.

Since I've returned I've been busy playing catch-up, working on Light Night promotional material with Nous Vous and getting some initial ideas and roughs together for another job creating an exclusive print set for an Office based in London. More specific details soon on this. The Light Night catalogue is nearly finished now and I'm progressively getting more pleased with the results, it includes a couple of games - so it's sort of an activity pack / program. Anyway here's probably my only work of worth in the last couple of weeks, and it's just a rough - need to get back on it!

No comments: