6.8.10

Stuff No.1

I took a brief trip up to Edinburgh this Friday eve for the launch of 'Turn Up The Colour' at Analogue Books. The expo was amazing, really great set of work from alot of different artists. I recommend a look, the show's on until end of August.

Thanks to Verity & Jen for helping me find my way home, after drinks with some of the fellow artists, Julie & Russell from Analogue. While I was there I also laid down some dollars for Aslak's (Yokoland) photo book published on Aki Books 'Summer of 66' & Matt Hodson's 'Idiot Stories' published by Present Joys. Looking forward to those.

Another thing about Scotland I couldn't help remarking upon was it's relationship with England, and how similar I found it to my recent experience traveling from the US to Canada. Just driving up the motorway and being confronted by an abundance of extremely beautiful landscape. The greenery is amazing this time of year, with lots of purple flowers (forgot what they're called?).


Lovely furniture design by Karimoku New Standard, found via Aesthetic Notions blog


And lastly wanted to flag up another amazing 'good value / good design / good quality' product. In the form of socks from Uniqlo. You can get 4 pairs for about £7, they really are good quality and there's a good variety of colours to choose from. I'm slowly phasing out all my other socks in favour of these, different colour for every day of the week.  (Can't remember where I got this photo from also, but cheers)

No comments: